Welcome to the Swiss Riviera!
The Riviera Contact Group is a multicultural, multilingual group made up primarily of partners of Nestlé employees transferred to Switzerland. The RCG was founded to help you and your family adjust to a new culture and community. While some of us have lived in the region for several years and already know our way around and others may have only been here for a few months we are united in welcoming and supporting each other.
Club members organise several activity groups that may help you get to know the community while enjoying a new or fun pastime. The current activity groups include:
- Playgroup (a group for children up to 4 years old accompanied by an adult) meets Monday and Friday mornings from 9:30 – 12:00 year round
- Mah Jong (Chinese tile game) meets every Wednesday afternoon from 13:30 – 16:30 year round
- Book Group (reads and discusses an English language book that the participants choose) meets first Tuesday of the month from 9:30 – 11:30
- German Conversation (German speakers or people wanting to improve their language skills) meets for different activities and coffee
- Gourmet Group (Couples take turns hosting and preparing one of three dishes on a pre-set menu; for the amateur chef or anyone who just enjoys good food) meets about 7 times a year
- Riviera Walking Group (Walks arranged in the region usually 1.5 to 2 hours followed by coffee) meets at various locations every Thursday from 9:00 – 11:00
Members may propose new activity groups.
In addition to the activity groups, periodic coffee mornings will be organised.
How to register?
If you are interested and wish to register, please complete the subscription form « inscription pour membres externes«
We hope that we may soon consider you one of our members and remain at your disposal for any other information you may require at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org